On The Hill: Taking out the trash at the X Games
VIDEO: With apologies (and all very due respect!) to Mike Rowe, the ESPN Sustainability crew has by far the dirtiest job at the X Games. Sorting through tons of trash made by adrenaline junkies every day might seem a bit much for most people, but Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson finds a bunch of people who just love to play in your trash.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117731526?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 44°, low of 12°.
Support Local Journalism
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Not much has changed in terms of snow conditions for a few weeks now. The mountains have a decent base, albiet hard pack. Today’s warmth should make for near-spring like conditions. At Buttermilk, the X Games courses are in excellent condition for a rad final day of events.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Actually, didn’t go skiing today. But one might surmise what traffic a Sunday of X Games weekend might bring.
LISTENING TO: Mother Hips “Headache to Headache”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 12. North wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 45. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 49. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User