On The Hill: Taking out the trash at the X Games
VIDEO: With apologies (and all very due respect!) to Mike Rowe, the ESPN Sustainability crew has by far the dirtiest job at the X Games. Sorting through tons of trash made by adrenaline junkies every day might seem a bit much for most people, but Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson finds a bunch of people who just love to play in your trash.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117731526?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 44°, low of 12°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Not much has changed in terms of snow conditions for a few weeks now. The mountains have a decent base, albiet hard pack. Today’s warmth should make for near-spring like conditions. At Buttermilk, the X Games courses are in excellent condition for a rad final day of events.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Actually, didn’t go skiing today. But one might surmise what traffic a Sunday of X Games weekend might bring.
LISTENING TO: Mother Hips “Headache to Headache”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 12. North wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 45. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 49. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.