On The Hill: Soft in the sun, fast in the shade!
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 0 fresh inches in the past 24 hours. 0 new snow in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: We have not had any fresh snow for a week, but a storm is on the away, arriving tonight according to the Weather Channel. The mountains are all skiing remarkably well for the time of year.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The 28″ base on Ajax is holding up very nicely. The snow is nice and soft in the sun, fast and glidey in the shadows. It’s relatively warm out, a good day to lose a layer or go with just a shell and a good base layer.
Snowcast: Therre is a minor storm in the coming days. Snow is predicted in small amounts tomorrow, Saturday, and Tuesday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing