On The Hill: Soak in the views at the top of Snowmass’ Elk Camp
VIDEO: On a mild and sunny day like today, the scene up at the top of Elk Camp on Snowmass can be almost surreal in its beauty. With expansive 360 degree views that include the Maroon Bells, Bald Mountain, Daly, Mt. Sopris and all the way downvally to Sunlight Mountain, there are few vistas more inspiring.
Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes you on a warm run down the rolling slopes of Elk Camp to enjoy the views and rip some fast corduroy on a slow Tuesday.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/121810299?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 11″ in the last 7 days. High of 50(!)°, low of 21°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Temperatures are in ther 50’s, and it sure feels like spring out! Plan for mild temps and plenty of sun by including dark goggles, sunscreen and a light coat in your kit today.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Slide right up to the Snowmass lifts, there is hardly a wait at all today.
LISTENING TO: Audioslave “Somedays”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 51. West wind around 5 mph becoming north northwest.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 52. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday: A slight chance of rain and snow after 1pm. Some thunder is also possible. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday: A chance of snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.