On The Hill: Snowpack holding strong on Aspen Mountain. Ski conditions defy warm temps.
VIDEO: Snowpack on Aspen Mountain holding strong!.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/118139459?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 2″ in the last 7 days. High of 42°, low of 24°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: The warmer temps and lack of precipitation of late are having very little noticeable effect on the snowpack on Aspen Mountain. Hard surface covered in a light powder coating make for more than adequate snow sports conditions. Some bare spots and hazards poking through on some bump runs. Otherwise, plenty of snow to enjoy!
LIFT LINE STATUS: No waiting at the Silver Queen Gondola.
LISTENING TO: John Prine “Humidity Built the Snowman”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night: A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. East southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday: A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 41. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User