On The Hill: Slide right up to the X Games boardercross course
VIDEO: The Xgames are well underway at Buttermilk Mountain, with a full slate of events today – from boardercross to slopestyle to big air, and a Snoop Dogg concert to boot! Aspen Times On The Hill producer Corby Anderson takes a run down Buttermilk alongside the boardercross course to show some pretty excellent vantage points for those who boot up.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117616863?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 2″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 34°, low of 9°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: It has warmed up a bit, but it is still pretty darn cold, even with the sunny blue skies. The snow on Buttermilk is hardpack with some nice corduroy laid out top to bottom. The XGames venue is filling up, so be sure to leave plenty of time to get through security and traverse to your prime viewing location. Be sure to check out the Snoop Dogg concert tonight in person or live stream via http://www.xgames.com, where our producer Corby Anderson will be directing the fun!
LIFT LINE STATUS: Amazingly, you can ski right up to the Summit Express at Buttermilk and jump on the quad.
LISTENING TO: Snoop Dogg “Gin and Juice”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User