On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
March 8, 2015
VIDEO: Aspen Mountain is a bit of a zoo this afternoon, with crowds flocking to the sunny slopes for a warm Saturday slide. Up top, Aspen Times’ own “Rad” Max Vadnais is celebrating his birthday in style, with a rockin’BBQ at the Buckhorn Cabin!
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 37″ in the last 7 days. High of 45°, low of 18°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Sunny, super warm, gorgeous skies, but lots of folks out today, so use a little extra caution when nuking down Spar.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Cool, not cool! 10 minute wait at the gondola. I guess once or twice a year isn’t so bad.
Recommended Stories For You
LISTENING TO: Mother Hips “Afternoon After Afternoon”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the morning.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Glenn K. Beaton: Psychosexual dysfunction and pickup trucks
- Sting, John Mayer to headline Jazz Aspen Labor Day Experience
- Snowmass celebrates opening of Base Village, Limelight: ‘It’s a whole new world’
- Aspen Skiing Co. provides details on future of Gent’s Ridge, Bell Mountain lifts and on-mountain huts
- Cops defend traffic response to snowstorm during Aspen rush hour