On The Hill: Ski now, soup later! Skol!
WATCH THE VIDEO: With nary a cloud in the sky and spring-like temps, Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes stock of Aspen Mountain on a Friday morning and finds it nearly empty, firm and fast.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/116362623?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 0″ in the last 7 days. High of 39°, low of 16°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: The mountain is starting to firm up with all of this warm weather. In the morning most areas are hard packed, so “ski with the sun” for soft turns unless you are looking to shred the racy patches.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Kinda sorta busy today. Had to wait for :22 seconds to get on the gondy.
LISTENING TO: Bob Gibson “Talking Skier”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. West southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
A HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK HAS BEEN ISSUED:
.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT AREAS OF MORNING FOG AND HAZE WILL BE POSSIBLE IN MANY VALLEYS THIS MORNING...AND WILL DIMINISH BY LATE MORNING. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY THERE IS A CHANCE OF SNOWFALL LATE THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH MOUNTAIN AREAS FAVORED.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.