On The Hill: Santa delivers a white Christmas in Aspen
VIDEO: On a snowy Christmas morning, Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes a sweet, soft run down Copper on Aspen Mountain, only to have the big man himself place a call mid-run.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/115395621?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 2″ in the past 24 hours, 2″ in 48 hours and 27″ in the last 7 days. High of 30°, low of 10°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Area mountains continue to ski impeccably well, with a fresh coat overnight and more on the way today and tomorrow. Aspen Mountain was a little busy this morning — no surprise for Christmas Day. PLENTY of good, soft snow to be had all over the mountain.
LIFT LINE STATUS: I ain’t gonna lie…there were a few folks lined up at Gondola Plaza this morning.
LISTENING TO: Grateful Dawg – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Christmas Day: Snow. High near 29. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west southwest. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight: Snow. Low around 8. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday: Snow. High near 19. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night: Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 1. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT MST FRIDAY NIGHT... * TIMING...SNOWFALL WILL INCREASE THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING. * SNOW ACCUMULATION...6 TO 12 INCHES. * WINDS...WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. * IMPACTS...HOLIDAY TRAVEL WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED ESPECIALLY OVER THE COLORADO HIGH COUNTRY. ROADS WILL BECOME SNOWPACKED AND ICY WITH VISIBILITY REDUCED IN SNOWFALL AND BLOWING SNOW. BE PREPARED FOR TREACHEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW AND/OR BLOWING SNOW WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.