On The Hill: Rediscovering the quiet splendor of 1Aahhh
VIDEO: Aspen Mountain’s quiet lifeblood lift, Shadow Mountain is better known to most locals as 1A. After a few weeks of mechanical decommision, the old gal is spinning again. This is much to the joy of Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson, who revels in the solitude and calm pace of heading up the “west side.”
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117188747?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 0″ in the last 7 days. High of 39°, low of 14°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Roch’s>Strawpile has fat corduroy to sample, with a bright blue ski to do it under. It feels like spring, with temps near 40 early in the morning on a Monday. Hardly anyone on the mountain today, so enjoy it while you can — the X’ers are coming!
LIFT LINE STATUS: 1A is up and running, with just a few stoked locals hopping a ride. Sadly, no bacon or donuts today though.
LISTENING TO: Mother Hips “The Flood”
SNOWCAST: DO A SNOW DANCE!
NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight: Snow likely, mainly between midnight and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of snow before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User