On the Hill: Powder day!
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 9 inches over night
Aspen Times field report: Feels more like a foot plus!
Liftline status: Locals came out in droves this morning and the lines to start the day were huge but everyone was in good spirits and the line went quick.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Powder day! It is the first of the year and was easily thigh deep in many areas. With more snow falling and most people still out of “powder day” shape there is tons of snow to be had for everyone and the snow is still falling!
Snowcast: More snow! It is just getting deeper out there as the snow continues to fall. Most reports are calling for another 5-9 inches today, 1 inch tomorrow, 2-4 inches Friday, and 3-6 inches called for both days this weekend. This early season is setting up to be one of the best in many years.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Mountain lions acting aggressively in West Glenwood