On The Hill: Powder Day! (But heads up until it cools off tonight – it’s a wet snow atop a firm base)
December 22, 2013
Aspen official report: 3-4″ fresh inches
Aspen Times field report: Freshies! Close to 4″ as advertised blanketing the mountains this morning. Heads up – it’s a really wet snow though.
Liftline status: Very light lift lines.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The storm that we’ve been tracking delivered overnight, dropping a good 3-4″ of fresh, heavy “chunderous” snow. The snow is still falling, causing visibility to be limited. Ski in control, and enjoy the powder!
Snowcast: Another 3-4″ of snow predicted throughout today, and 4-6″ predicted tomorrow and into Monday. Then things clear up a bit until Christmas Day, when another storm is forescasted to bring us a White Christmas!
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites