On The Hill: Mellow Monday skiing on Aspen Mountain, but strong winds expected later
VIDEO: After an exciting, busy holiday season, Aspen Mountain is settling back down into its typically unhurried pace. Aspem Times producer Corby Anderson takes a mellow run off the top of the mountain down Copper and finds the snow to be soft and sweet.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/115991366?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 7″ in the last 7 days. High of 34°, low of 12°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: The snow is nice and soft and pliable, probably because a recent warming trend. Copper skied beautifully, with carving opportunities all down the gulch and soft tree turns off on the edges. Temps are fairly warm as of 9:30am, but with significant winds expected today, it might be a good idea to bring extra layers.
LIFT LINE STATUS: No worries mate!
LISTENING TO: Steve Miller Band “Mercury Blues”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. West southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40. West southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast after midnight.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39. (*NOTE: Accuweather is predicting 4-8 inches on Friday in the 81601.)
PITKIN COUNTY HAS ISSUED A STRONG WIND ALERT:
High wind warning expect west winds 30-50 MPH with gusts up to 80 MPH until 11pm.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.