On The Hill: Massive round-the-clock snowcat operation underway at Buttermilk as crews build the Red Bull Doublepipe
VIDEO: Aspen Ski Company park and pipe snowcat crews are working tread to tread with Snowpark Technologies crews around the clock for the next two-plus weeks to build the Red Bull Doublepipe at Buttermilk. Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson is working on a time-lapse project and offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the massive operation that is underway to create this one-of-a-kind course.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/120721428?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 3″ in the past 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours and 23″ in the last 7 days. High of 28°, low of 17°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: It’s a beautiful day up at Buttermilk! Warm, just a slight breeze, and plenty of fresh powder to explore in the trees.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Five minute wait at the Buttermilk Express lift.
LISTENING TO: Natural Disasters “Brad’s Garage”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Scattered snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 30. West northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight: Scattered snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 9. West wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Friday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 13. South southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User