On The Hill: Fast and warm top to bottom on Aspen Mountain
VIDEO: Kick the weekend off right with a fast run down the sunny slopes of a little mountain called Asssssspen!
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/116982584?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 34°, low of 16°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: We are officially now dealing with what I would term “hard pack.” That means that the snow will be firm underfoot for much of the day. In the sunny spots, it is relatively soft, but slick patches abound. Feels like it’s time to sacrifice some old skis to Ullr!
LIFT LINE STATUS: Stylish.
LISTENING TO: Allman Bros. “Whipping Post”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. West wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- M.L.King Day: Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.