On The HIll: Cruising Elk Camp with friends on a Sunday morning
December 30, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 fresh inch overnight.
Aspen Times field report: A light dusting of snow overnight has Snowmass skiing nice and soft Sunday morning. Snowmass has a decent base, but until the next significant storm beware of a few rocks here and there starting to poke out of the steep stuff. There are crowds down at the base, as is to be expected on the holiday weekend. Good bet is to get up early and beat the crowds up the mountains and then do laps up top whenever possible.
Liftline status: Not so bad early, but expected to deteriorate as the morning progresses.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: We lapped the Elk Camp, Burn, and High Alpine lifts this morning and all three of those sides of the mountain are skiing really nice and soft. Keep an eye out for gapers though…tis the season!
Snowcast: There is actually an inch or two predicted in the next 48 hours, then clear for a few days. NOAA is tracking a storm around Januray 6.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’