On The HIll: Cruising Elk Camp with friends on a Sunday morning
December 30, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 fresh inch overnight.
Aspen Times field report: A light dusting of snow overnight has Snowmass skiing nice and soft Sunday morning. Snowmass has a decent base, but until the next significant storm beware of a few rocks here and there starting to poke out of the steep stuff. There are crowds down at the base, as is to be expected on the holiday weekend. Good bet is to get up early and beat the crowds up the mountains and then do laps up top whenever possible.
Liftline status: Not so bad early, but expected to deteriorate as the morning progresses.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: We lapped the Elk Camp, Burn, and High Alpine lifts this morning and all three of those sides of the mountain are skiing really nice and soft. Keep an eye out for gapers though…tis the season!
Snowcast: There is actually an inch or two predicted in the next 48 hours, then clear for a few days. NOAA is tracking a storm around Januray 6.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7