On The Hill: Chilly morning turns on Aspen Mountain while X Games heats up at Buttermilk
VIDEO: As the X Games gets underway, drawing locals and visitors alike to “X Games Mountain,” Aspen Mountain is wide open for the shredding this morning. Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes a sub-zero, sunny run down Silver Dip and runs down the schedule for the events upcoming later today and tonight at Buttermilk.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117509616?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 2″ in the past 24 hours, 2″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 27°, low of 0°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Nice little shot of snow yesterday, and an unexpected accumulation of about 4-6″ up top over the past two days. VERY cold this AM. Wear a facemask of some sort. One run without one and our reporter was cursing himself for forgetting his. Bright and sunny, and Aspen mountain is wide open.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Desolate!
LISTENING TO: Doc and Merle Watson “Fifteen Cents”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -10. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.