On The Hill: Chilly morning turns on Aspen Mountain while X Games heats up at Buttermilk
VIDEO: As the X Games gets underway, drawing locals and visitors alike to “X Games Mountain,” Aspen Mountain is wide open for the shredding this morning. Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes a sub-zero, sunny run down Silver Dip and runs down the schedule for the events upcoming later today and tonight at Buttermilk.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/117509616?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 2″ in the past 24 hours, 2″ in 48 hours and 4″ in the last 7 days. High of 27°, low of 0°.
Support Local Journalism
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Nice little shot of snow yesterday, and an unexpected accumulation of about 4-6″ up top over the past two days. VERY cold this AM. Wear a facemask of some sort. One run without one and our reporter was cursing himself for forgetting his. Bright and sunny, and Aspen mountain is wide open.
LIFT LINE STATUS: Desolate!
LISTENING TO: Doc and Merle Watson “Fifteen Cents”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -10. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.