On The Hill: Can we say EPIC yet?
December 25, 2013
Aspen official report: 1 fresh inch overnight.
Aspen Times field report: Close to a foot of new, light snow has fallen since Friday, with more falling today. The hills are soft and sweet! It’s a little chilly up there this morning. Probably a good day for a puffy mid-layer underneath your parka or shell.
Liftline status: Very light liftlines this morning considering it is holiday week.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The new snow and the colder temps have conspired to create what have to be called EPIC early season conditions in the Aspen area. Everything accessibe by the gondola was soft and light, with very little traffic this morning.
Snowcast: NOAA reports that we are still in a Winter Storm Warning through noon today. Tonight there is a 40% chance of snow, with a 50% chance tomorrow. Temps remain in the current pattern of upper 20’s/low 30’s, with clear skies predicted Christmas through the early weekend.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change