On The Hill: Blue sky corduroy turns down Aspen Mountain
VIDEO: Ski chalky corduroy on Aspen Mountain under blue skies, while a storm gathers to the west.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/114262096″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 7″ in the past week. Partly cloudy, high of 52°, low of 20°.
Aspen Times field report: Despite the relative sparcity of new snow, Aspen Mountain is skiing very nicely. With nary a skier in sight, soft, chalky corduroy turns await, with room to really style it out and lay down some beautiful arcs today. It doesn’t hurt at all that you’ve got an entire mountain to yourself under a bright blue sky today!
Liftline status: Step right up!
Listening to: Joe Walsh “The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get”
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before 3pm, then a chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night: Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User