On The Hill: Blue sky corduroy turns down Aspen Mountain
December 12, 2014
VIDEO: Ski chalky corduroy on Aspen Mountain under blue skies, while a storm gathers to the west.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 7″ in the past week. Partly cloudy, high of 52°, low of 20°.
Recommended Stories For You
Aspen Times field report: Despite the relative sparcity of new snow, Aspen Mountain is skiing very nicely. With nary a skier in sight, soft, chalky corduroy turns await, with room to really style it out and lay down some beautiful arcs today. It doesn’t hurt at all that you’ve got an entire mountain to yourself under a bright blue sky today!
Liftline status: Step right up!
Listening to: Joe Walsh “The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get”
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before 3pm, then a chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night: Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Glenn K. Beaton: When the shooting starts, would you go in?