On The Hill: Back Country Trekking in Marion Gulch
February 2, 2015
VIDEO: On The Hill takes a break from the well patrolled resort area & gives you a taste of one possible back country escape into Marion Gulch. Just a 15 minute drive West of Carbondale, this easily accessible trail puts you in touch with nature without a lot of risk. What a great workout in a beautiful place!
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours and 3″ in the last 7 days. High of 34°, low of 19°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Marion Gulch is an easy trail that will get your heart and your breathing pumping! Pretty, quiet, not a lot of people, you can bring your dogs, disturbed only by the occasional snowmobile passing. It’s a short drive West from Carbondale and is a really great place to get in touch with nature without a lot of the risk that comes with some back country travel.
LIFT LINE STATUS: No lIft = no lift line!
Recommended Stories For You
LISTENING TO: The sound of one hand clapping…
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday: A chance of snow before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.