On The Hill: Aspen mid-mountain still skiing nicely, but beware of thinning conditions up top.
December 12, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson explores the middle section of Aspen Mountain, where conditions are skiing better than a thinning top of the mountain.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 7″ in the past week. Partly cloudy, high of 55°, low of 19°.
Recommended Stories For You
Aspen Times field report: Aspen Mountain is skiing as well as could be hoped for given the dearth of new snow imposed by this massive high pressure system that we’ve been under for weeks. From North American on down, the middle of the mountain is skiing quite nicely, with chalky groomers to be had, but bring your rock skis and be wary of thin to rocky patches.
Liftline status: You might blink, but only once.
Listening to: Billy Shaddox "I Believe"
· Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind around 5 mph.
· Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
· Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before 3pm, then a chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
· Saturday Night: Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
· Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
· Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company