On The Hill: ASC race crew readies the course for upcoming FIS race at Tiehack
VIDEO: ASC race crew is busy setting the course for the upcoming FIS race at Tiehack. Jason “The Voice” Upper talks about the preparations and gives us a little taste of what it’s like to run the gates.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/118271420?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 0″ in the last 7 days. High of 41°, low of 27°.
Support Local Journalism
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Tiehack is the hidden gem at Buttermilk. It’s wide open, skiing great, and you practically have the mountain to yourself! Hard packed groomers, mild temps. Conditions vary depending on aspect, elevation, and time of day.
LIFT LINE STATUS: No waiting at Tiehack Express
LISTENING TO: Billy Wright “Summer of Love” from Nightmares on Wax
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Tonight: A chance of rain before 10pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday: Rain and snow likely before 11am, then a chance of rain between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Nigh: tA slight chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow between 8pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User