On The HIll: As the Snowmass holiday liftlines fill up, get up early and ski up top.
December 28, 2013
Aspen official report: 0″ new snow in the past 48 hours. 8″ of new snow in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: We are in a high pressure system, and our last powder day was Christmas eve. The base is up around 50″, and the snow is skiing really well at all four local mountains.
Liftline status: Snowmass was pretty busy at the Village Express lift this morning. Tis’ the season for big lift lines. Best bet is to get up early and ski, and to get up high above the main feeder lifts and lap high.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Snowmass is skiing beautifully, but heads up for the multitudes of lesson groups that worm their way around the mountains.
Snowcast: There’s no new snow predicted in NOAA’s forecast for this week.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis