On The Hill: After a much needed storm, blue skies and powder await the Tuesday rider
VIDEO: Three strong days of soft snow have left Aspen Snowmass with a healthy coat of freshies. With blue skies prevailing this morning, the Tuesday skier is in line for nearly perfect conditions on the ski area. But as we see, conditions in the backcountry are dangerous, so please use caution.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/120502030?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 1″ in the past 24 hours, 8″ in 48 hours and 20″ in the last 7 days. High of 38°, low of 18°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Soft, plentiful snow all over Aspen Mountain is there for the taking. And a bluebird day makes it all the harder to come down off of the mountain to “work.”
LIFT LINE STATUS: Nearly nil.
LISTENING TO: Gov’t Mule “40 Days in the Hole”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting:
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest.
- Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 5 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User