On The Hill: A plethora of activities on and off the hills today
VIDEO: Winterskol is in full effect, with a boatload of activities and events today and tonight, the least of which is making turns on a gorgeous Saturday morning! Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson takes a sunny run down Silver Dip and Blazing Star and finds the snow to be nice and soft thanks to the warm temps.
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/116427958?autoplay=1″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
ASPEN SKI COMPANY OFFICIAL REPORT: 0″ in the past 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours and 0″ in the last 7 days. High of 39°, low of 18°.
ASPEN TIMES FIELD REPORT: Aspen Mountain felt a little more crowded than it typically is, which is to say it was still pretty wide open. 1A is still down for repairs, with hopes that it opens back up next week. Until it opens, plan on traversing back to the Nell side if you want to lap the Annies side. It’s really warm out, almost spring-like, with little wind to contend with. There is a chance that clouds move in later today, so be prepared for temp changes later on.
LIFT LINE STATUS: 1 minute wait. OMG! What a drag!
LISTENING TO: Violent Femmes “Gone Daddy Gone”
SNOWCAST: NOAA.com is reporting: A CHANCE OF SNOW THROUGH TUESDAY!
- Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 38. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tonight: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind around 5 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Tuesday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.