On the Hill: A mellow morning on Snowmass, but the hordes are gathering!
December 27, 2013
Aspen official report: 0 fresh inches
Aspen Times field report: Snowmass skied very firm and fast early Thursday morning. It was cold, but the expected warm temps should turn the snow a little softer in the sunny spots.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets on the Elk Camp side early, but that seemed to be changing as the day went on. The Village Express was inundated by 10am.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Blue sky ski day? OK! With tons of ski school lesson groups rambling around, it is a good plan to get up top on Snowmass and lap the fringes.
Snowcast: There’s nothing in NOAA’s forecast for the rest of this week.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
- Shake-up at Aspen Skiing Co. over alleged retail racket
- No damage after small quakes north of Glenwood
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Aspen School District taking measures to remove human resources director
- Developer to city of Aspen: $150M in tax revenue to come in if base of mountain is redeveloped