On the Hill: A mellow morning on Snowmass, but the hordes are gathering!
December 27, 2013
Aspen official report: 0 fresh inches
Aspen Times field report: Snowmass skied very firm and fast early Thursday morning. It was cold, but the expected warm temps should turn the snow a little softer in the sunny spots.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets on the Elk Camp side early, but that seemed to be changing as the day went on. The Village Express was inundated by 10am.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Blue sky ski day? OK! With tons of ski school lesson groups rambling around, it is a good plan to get up top on Snowmass and lap the fringes.
Snowcast: There’s nothing in NOAA’s forecast for the rest of this week.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020
- Charges dismissed against driver in Basalt pedestrian death on Highway 82
- Aspen housing board lets man suffering from PTSD stay in home
- Aspen football beats Coal Ridge on senior day, will face Basalt for WSL title