Bluebird morning, deep snow and extremely cold temps today on Aspen Mountain
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 2 fresh inches in 24 hours, making a storm total of 14 inches.
Aspen Times field report: With temperatures so low, the snow has reconsolidated nicely and remains deep with wind-blown areas feeling more like 2 feet.
Liftline status: No liftline at all.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: With the clouds all cleared out from the recent storm, the official low temperature this morning was 17 below zero in town. On top of the mountain it was obviously even colder to start the day. With a high temperature of 12 degrees it is going to remain extremely cold until this Siberian low trough leaves the area. Remember to cover all exposed skin today, and don’t be afraid to take breaks. Frostbite will be the No. 1 concern today.
Snowcast: Isolated snow showers later in the day today and 8-15 more inches is expected through Sunday night. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Trending In: On The Hill
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall