Bluebird morning, deep snow and extremely cold temps today on Aspen Mountain
December 18, 2013
Aspen official report: 2 fresh inches in 24 hours, making a storm total of 14 inches.
Aspen Times field report: With temperatures so low, the snow has reconsolidated nicely and remains deep with wind-blown areas feeling more like 2 feet.
Liftline status: No liftline at all.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: With the clouds all cleared out from the recent storm, the official low temperature this morning was 17 below zero in town. On top of the mountain it was obviously even colder to start the day. With a high temperature of 12 degrees it is going to remain extremely cold until this Siberian low trough leaves the area. Remember to cover all exposed skin today, and don’t be afraid to take breaks. Frostbite will be the No. 1 concern today.
Snowcast: Isolated snow showers later in the day today and 8-15 more inches is expected through Sunday night. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Trending In: On The Hill
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche