On The Hill: Kicking off the ski season from Dubai
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Max Vadnais delivers a daily video conditions report almost-live from DUBAI!
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/112511070″ width=”640″ height=”360″ style=”border: 0px;”]
Friday, November 21, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 22″ in the past week. 25″ base for opening day.
Aspen Times field report: Aspen is sunny and warming up a bit. Dubai, already plenty warm outside, but chilly and icy inside!
Liftline status: None yet. Lines expected to be heavy in the morning! Lifts open at Aspen Mountain at 9am.
- Partly sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the evening.
- Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 22. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
[iframe src=”http://www.cmnmonline.com/SDi/at_video_house_ad_300x250_2.html” width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
[iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/66578668″ width=”320″ height=”181″ style=”border: 1px solid black;”]On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Restaurants in the upper Roaring Fork Valley are adjusting to pandemic-related restrictions. Here’s a list submitted by operators of eateries that are open and what they say you should know.