Walter ‘Shellee’ Schoellkopf
August 7, 2017
Shellee was born in Beirut to parents in the foreign service, raised in DC, and came to Aspen in the eary '70s. He loved the Aspen lifestyle and reveled in the parties and friendship. He lived on 100 acres in Emma for 40+ years, and was proud to have a large portion of his land become Pitkin County Open Space.
Shellee loved football, fast cars, skiing moguls and redheads, not necessarily in that order. He was generous with his friends, supported local artists, and enjoyed helping others. He would say he regretted nothing. He is survived by his sister Anna Lacher, his brother Henry Schoellkopf, nephews David and Scott Schoellkopf, grandnephews Maddox and Lennox Schoellkopf, personal assistant Nancy Collins, cat Loco, and his many friends valley and worldwide. No services are planned at this time.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director