October 27, 2015
Vincent Ferrara passed away on August 7, 2015, one day after his 81st birthday
After attending Colby College in Waterville, Maine. Vince began his successful career in the fine paper industry at Standard Paper in his beloved New York City. Vincent established and acquired a number of fine paper businesses including Marquardt and Company. He retired as president of Marquardt after having merged with Central Paper Company of New Jersey.
Vince's interests were varied. His farm in Guilford Connecticut enabled him to indulge his passion for raising animals, trees, flowers and food for the many meals he cooked and shared with friends and family. He sailed, traveled, fly fished around the world with his wife Ana, and friends, and motorcycled and skied with his family.
After "retiring" to Aspen, Co., Vince and son Jim established a fine paper importing company which enjoyed many years of success, while he also developed real estate with his son-in-law Frank and daughter Cynthia. He was surrounded by his children and their families, until moving to Sarasota, Florida where he enjoyed time with old and new friends.
Vince is survived by his wife of 60 years, Ana, and his children James Ferrara, Laura Bonilla, Cynthia Goldsmith, Susan Terra and Grandsons Zak Ferrara, Alex and Garrett Goldsmith and Aidan Flynn, and his sister Geraldine Veith.
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain