Samuel Bard Johnson
October 27, 2015
Samuel Bard Johnson, 74, died after a long struggle with Alzheimer's Disease on Thursday, September 3, 2015 in Santa Fe, NM.
He is survived by his wife, Ann; daughter, Sylvia and son Peter.
After serving in the Peace Corps in Colombia, Sam worked for the State of Vermont before leaving to work abroad with Plan International first in Bolivia, then in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Ecuador. In Colorado he continued to create bridges with the newly emerging Latino community as a certified court interpreter in the Glenwood Springs and Aspen courts.
He is remembered most by his family and friends for his integrity, his love of adventure and all things wild, his loyalty, social conscience and ability to find creative solutions to problems. His greatest legacy is his love of family, nature, and Latin America and his desire to be of service to others.
A Celebration of his Life will be held at his home in Carbondale, Colorado on Saturday, October 3, 2015.
Donations may be made in his memory to: The Alzheimer's Association, Wilderness Workshop, or Plan International.
Arrangements by Direct Funeral Services, 2919 4th ST. NW. ABQ. 505-343-8008
Trending In: Obituaries
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Local arrested on FBI warrant over emails