Rodney E. Poland
September 23, 2014
Rod Poland lost his courageous battle with Cancer. Rod lived in Carbondale and Glenwood between 1988 and 2004. Rod loved life and being with his family and had many friends. He owned Newstrom-Davis Construction Company and was a successful businessman in the valley. He was well known for his compassion and kindness. He loved hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, dancing and watching the Broncos. He was honorably discharged from the Air Force in 1968 after being injured.
Rod is survived by his parents Robert and Wilma Poland, his girlfriend Anita Shelffo, his daughter Shelly Lott, his son Shannon Poland, his beloved grandson Kougar Lott and his brothers Guy and Ty Poland and sister Leanna Poland. Friends and family are invited to services which will be held Friday September 26th. Please see olingermoorehoward.com for more information.
Rod will always be remembered for saying, "It's just another day in paradise" and "Love conquers all."
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change