Rodney E. Poland
September 23, 2014
Rod Poland lost his courageous battle with Cancer. Rod lived in Carbondale and Glenwood between 1988 and 2004. Rod loved life and being with his family and had many friends. He owned Newstrom-Davis Construction Company and was a successful businessman in the valley. He was well known for his compassion and kindness. He loved hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, dancing and watching the Broncos. He was honorably discharged from the Air Force in 1968 after being injured.
Rod is survived by his parents Robert and Wilma Poland, his girlfriend Anita Shelffo, his daughter Shelly Lott, his son Shannon Poland, his beloved grandson Kougar Lott and his brothers Guy and Ty Poland and sister Leanna Poland. Friends and family are invited to services which will be held Friday September 26th. Please see olingermoorehoward.com for more information.
Rod will always be remembered for saying, "It's just another day in paradise" and "Love conquers all."
Trending In: Obituaries
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west