Richard Wayne Lee
November 9, 2015
Richard Wayne Lee, 95, peacefully passed away from us on October 28, 2015 to rejoin his beloved wife Mary who had preceded him. He was comfortably at home in Lakewood, Colorado, surrounded by loving family.
Richard was a decorated veteran of World War II and had a long career as an education administrator. He served as Superintendent of Schools of the Aspen School District from 1968 until his retirement in 1980.
He is survived by his children, Greg Lee (wife Debbie), Jeff Lee (wife Mary), and Joyce Lee (husband Frank Dumler), 8 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, and by his sister, Jean Yarbrough.
Memorial Services will be held at Timber Creek Friends Church, Atlanta, KS and at the Cambridge, KS cemetery on May 28, 2016. A complete obituary for Richard can be found at http://www.newcomerdenver.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says