Richard Wayne Lee
November 9, 2015
Richard Wayne Lee, 95, peacefully passed away from us on October 28, 2015 to rejoin his beloved wife Mary who had preceded him. He was comfortably at home in Lakewood, Colorado, surrounded by loving family.
Richard was a decorated veteran of World War II and had a long career as an education administrator. He served as Superintendent of Schools of the Aspen School District from 1968 until his retirement in 1980.
He is survived by his children, Greg Lee (wife Debbie), Jeff Lee (wife Mary), and Joyce Lee (husband Frank Dumler), 8 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, and by his sister, Jean Yarbrough.
Memorial Services will be held at Timber Creek Friends Church, Atlanta, KS and at the Cambridge, KS cemetery on May 28, 2016. A complete obituary for Richard can be found at http://www.newcomerdenver.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Aspen’s housing program seeks to educate homeowners on the do’s and don’ts
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain