Ned Coy Butler
February 11, 2018
Ned Coy Butler, 75, passed away peacefully at home, surrounded by his family in Austin, Texas, on January 2, 2018, after an illness of several months.
Ned is survived by his wife of over 45 years, Carla Miles Butler; his daughter, Meredith Miles Maycotte and husband, H.O., of Austin, Texas; his two sons, Ned C. Butler III, "Trey" and wife, C.J., of Midland, Texas and Bradley Huddleston Butler of Austin, Texas; and three loving granddaughters, Marin Mersenne Maycotte (11), Maslow Marcelle Maycotte (8), and Blakely Elise Butler (6 months). He is also survived by his siblings, Terry Butler of Aspen, Colorado; Karen Foster of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; and Gary Butler of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and beloved black lab, Macie.
Ned lived in Aspen with his family for three years in the early 80's while he was ranch manager of the Marvin Ranch in Little Woody Creek. The ranch was later sold to Don Johnston by Ned's sister Terry Butler, who still resides in Aspen and owns/lives in the Residence Hotel.
He will be laid to rest in his birthplace of Hobbs, New Mexico, with his parents who preceded him in death, Jewel Huddleston Butler (2016) and Ned C. Butler (1963) along with many other family members who are laid to rest in Prairie Haven Cemetery at 2101 E. Stanolind Road. A reception in Midland, Texas, will follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom
- Aspen airport announces expanded service this spring
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82