Naomi M. ‘Jonnie’ Johnston-Hyrup Jackson
December 23, 2014
Born December 9, 1923 in Carbondale; passed November 2, 2014, five weeks short of her 91st birthday. Jonnie has lived in the Frying Pan River valley or the Roaring Fork valley before moving to Grand Junction in 2007.
She is preceded in death by husbands Larry F. Hyrup and Charles "Jack" Jackson and five siblings.
Her survivors include brother Raymond Johnston, as well as three daughters: Paula Inscho (Bill) of Anchorage, Starla Spaulding (LeRoy) of Silt, Mara Lynn Looney (Gary) of Basalt; and four sons: Larry Hyrup of Grand Junction, Alan Hyrup (Ellen) of Lakewood, Jim Hyrup (Stephanie) of Grand Junction, Wayne Hyrup (Helen) of Basalt. Our mother also leaves behind 10 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren. Internment at Rosebud Cemetery in Glenwood Springs at 11:00 Friday; a memorial service will follow at 2:00 at The Orchard, 110 Snowmass Drive, Carbondale.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Jonnie's name to HopeWest Hospice, 3090 N. 12th St., Grand Junction CO 81506.
Services provided by Callahan-Edfast of Grand Junction 970-243-2450
Trending In: Obituaries
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche