Mathew Steele Vaughan
October 4, 2013
Mathew Steele Vaughan of Carbondale passed away on September 25th, after struggling for years with illness. He was born, and graduated High School in Grand Junction.
Mathew was a long time resident of Aspen Valley and worked over ten years for the Aspen Street Department. His hobbies included a passion for metal sculpting, welding and modifying anything as well as competing in Enduro racing, trail riding and ATV activities.
Mathew was an all around sportsman. He and his beloved wife, Kathleen, enjoyed many adventures being together.
He is survived by wife, Kathleen Vaughan, maiden name Kathleen Kelly; his daughter, Elizabeth and grandson, Hayden Willis, his brother, Jimmie and sisters, Charlene and Lisa. He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change