October 10, 2017
Leonard Shoemaker, 80, of Montrose, Co died October 8, 2017 of heart disease. Leonard was born in Basalt, Co June 29, 1937 to Cecil and Louise (Genner) Shoemaker. He graduated from Basalt in 1955. He worked for Larry Hyrup hauling logs off Red Table Mountain. He went to work for Mountain Bell in 1958. Married Mary Ellen (Smith) in Evergreen Co July 2, 1960. Served in the Army from 1960 to 1962. Son Dale Shoemaker born 1962.After discharge, went back to work for Mountain Bell and retired in 1992, then worked for Hertz rental car as a driver in Aspen Co. He is survived by his wife, his son Dale and wife, two grandchildren Wesley and wife Melissa. Abbey Shoemaker and two great grandchildren that reside in Florida. His sister Ruth and husband Gene Williams of Woodland Park, CoCremation by Crippen Funeral Home, Montrose.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Aspen housing authority sues woman to sell her Snowmass house
- Some midvalley residents would rather switch than fight with Eagle County
- Aspen’s Maroon Bells bus service ready for another green breakthrough
- Copper pond-skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Another Red Mountain home hauls in eight-figure sum