Lance Richard Dentel
January 11, 2019
Lance was a talented chef and craftsman, and music brought great joy to his life. He loved being outdoors — he grew up sailing, skiing and fishing in Northern Michigan and then grew to love all things outdoors in his adopted home — the Roaring Fork Valley of Colorado. Thanks to a sense of humor inherited from his Dad, his big heart, old soul and caring spirit, he never met a stranger and leaves behind many friends. He adored his cats, loved bicycling and gardening, and enjoyed volunteering with blind skiers for B.O.L.D.
He is survived by his sister, Sheri (Morgan) Vail of Basalt, niece Victoria Dentel, and nephews Jeremie Dentel, and Justin and Crosby Vail. He was predeceased by his wife, Scotlyn, and his parents, Blair and Donna Dentel. Remember Lance by spending some time outdoors and reflecting on how beautiful life can be. Memorial contributions may be made to KDNK Public Radio, Church at Redstone, or C.A.R.E. — all organizations near and dear to his heart. A memorial service may be planned for a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7