Judith L. Budzik
November 21, 2016
Longtime local Judy Budzik passed suddenly. Judy grew up in Connecticut and was an integral part of turning Aspen's Malls into colorful flower showcases each spring as one of Aspen's legendary Mall-ettes. In the winter Judy was a fixture on the mountains working for the Aspen Skiing Company in lift operations then guest service at Highlands. Once introduced to the ocean and taught to swim by her best friend, Judy took to the water like a long-lost beach bum. She especially enjoyed kayaking and rafting with Kristin and her Doodle dog Teddy. She enjoyed her times at Lake Powell, yearly beach trips, warm water and lots of sun. Judy loved skiing, riding motorcycles, her memories of softball in the '80's and mostly her loyal cat Jackie. She leaves behind two sisters in Connecticut, Karen (Harry) and Marianne (Mark) and many Colorado friends. She will be greatly missed, especially that wonderful laugh!
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain