July 26, 2018
John, the rock and backbone of our family, left us Saturday July 21, 2018. He died tragically trying to save a friend from drowning at Reudi Reservoir. John was born in Aspen and stayed in the Roaring Fork Valley most of his life. From his youngest years he grew up to be a true cowboy, riding, roping, and excursions horseback into the mountains. His love of the outdoors encompassed hunting, fishing, boating and gardening with a very green thumb. He was self-employed for many years doing carpeting and flooring installations. He is survived by his mother, Patsy, father, Bill, sister, Theresa, his treasured niece Samantha Waller; an uncle, Richard Teague (Mary), of Carbondale, and his aunt Anita in Nebraska. Cousins from both Colorado and New Jersey too numerous to list.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, July 28, 2018 at St. Mary's of the Crown, Catholic Church, in Carbondale. Refreshments will be served following Mass. Please join us and please keep John and our family in your prayers.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division