John ‘Jack’ Hatfield
September 4, 2018
Jack Hatfield started his last climb with his wife, the greatest love of his life, Ruth, by his side in the early morning hours on Friday, August 24, 2018. Jack fought a courageous battle with Pancreatic Cancer.
He is survived by Ruth, mother Marie Rossi, Rick Hatfield, Sheryl Kimball, Doris Edwards, Charlene Barenbrugge, Susan Gonzalez and Harry Barenbrugge. He is preceded in death by his father John Hatfield, grandmother Mildred Mollo, Cynthia Hatfield and Michael Rossi.
A celebration of Jack's life will be held at the Snowmass Chapel on Thursday, September 13, 2018 from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.
In lieu of flowers, make a donation in memory of Jack to: Hospice of the Valley (hchotv.org), the Aspen Land Trust (avlt.org) or Wilderness Workshop (wildernessworkshop.org).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers