December 3, 2015
Joel Lapin, 64, resident of Aspen for the past 37 years, passed away November 18, 2015, at his home.
Joel was born December 13, 1951, in Queens, NY to Jerome and Elizabeth (Komperda) Lapin. He started his career in New York as a police officer before moving to Aspen. Throughout his years in Aspen he worked for various law enforcement agencies in the valley, Aspen Ski Company, Aspen Valley Hospital and security for Starwood. He took great pride in serving his community through his earlier work in law enforcement.
He is survived by son Jeffrey (Nikki) Lapin; son Daniel Lapin; brother George (Janet) Lapin, sister Alice (Michael) Brown; sister Carolyn Fietze; nephew Jeremy Fietze; niece Elizabeth Brown and family; niece Sara Neto and family; granddaughter Hailey Sue Lapin.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman