December 3, 2015
Joel Lapin, 64, resident of Aspen for the past 37 years, passed away November 18, 2015, at his home.
Joel was born December 13, 1951, in Queens, NY to Jerome and Elizabeth (Komperda) Lapin. He started his career in New York as a police officer before moving to Aspen. Throughout his years in Aspen he worked for various law enforcement agencies in the valley, Aspen Ski Company, Aspen Valley Hospital and security for Starwood. He took great pride in serving his community through his earlier work in law enforcement.
He is survived by son Jeffrey (Nikki) Lapin; son Daniel Lapin; brother George (Janet) Lapin, sister Alice (Michael) Brown; sister Carolyn Fietze; nephew Jeremy Fietze; niece Elizabeth Brown and family; niece Sara Neto and family; granddaughter Hailey Sue Lapin.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director