December 13, 2013
Jerome Zimmerman, 92, passed away peacefully on September 28, 2013 in
Palm Beach, Fl. A native of Atlanta, Ga., Mr. Zimmerman graduated from Emory University. He served in the United States Army from 1943-45 fighting in the infantry division of the European campaign in WWII. He was a businessman and entrepreneur in the building product industry in Atlanta until his retirement in 1995.
A private memorial service was held in Florida. He was laid to rest with a funeral service in Aspen,Co. attended by his family and a military honor guard. Mr. Zimmerman is survived by his wife Harriet, sister Annette Easton, children Layne, Ellen Kaufman, and Scott (Elana), stepchildren Claire Marx (Cornelius), Robert Altschuler, Nancy O'Leary (Mark), and 13 grandchildren. Jerome Zimmerman was a man of character and compassion and a generous supporter of Jewish causes. Donations in his memory may be made to Shearith Israel, Atlanta; MorseLife of West Palm Beach; and Hospice of Palm Beach County.
May his memory be a blessing.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain