James Aloysius Collins
October 4, 2013
James Aloysius Collins 88, of Carbondale, CO passed away September 30, 2013 at Heritage Care Center in Carbondale, CO. James was born November 19, 1924 in Brooklyn, N.Y. to Patrick and Estelle Collins. He retired from a career in sales with the Spencer Turbine Corp. in New York, N.Y. in 1993 to join his brother Charles in the Roaring Fork Valley. He resided in Carbondale and walked, never drove everywhere. He immersed himself in Hemingway, Van Gogh, and the history of County Cork Ireland. He was active in his church St. Mary's Of The Crown and with the Carbondale Mountain Fair as a volunteer. James is survived locally by his brother Charles T. and Janice Collins of Aspen, nephew Patrick C. Collins of Glenwood Springs, and niece Colleen E. Collins of Aspen CO. There will be a remembrance and graveside service Tuesday October 8, 2013 at 10:30 am at the Farnum-Holt Home in Glenwood Springs, followed by internment at the Evergreen Cemetery in Carbondale, CO with officiating clergy Father Dan Norick.
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain