Gerta von Chalaupka Walls
December 8, 2015
Gerta von Chalaupka Walls passed away peacefully on Monday Nov.30, in a hospital in Vienna. She was 95.
Gerta was a long-time seasonal resident, spending her summers in Aspen and her winters in her native Vienna. A baroness, she came from a family of distinguished artists and restored paintings for world-class museums. She was a great lover and supporter of the arts.
We will always remember Gerta in her glorious colorful dirndls, walking down the hill from her home on Riverside Drive. We will miss spotting her flowery rain hat in the music tent.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’