December 8, 2015
George Victor Main of Aspen, Colorado, and Kenosha, Wisconsin, died on November 23, after a long illness. He lived many enjoyable years in the Aspen area with his wife Evelyn (deceased), and was the proud step-papa to Hannah and Luke Hemming. Vic was born in Carthage, Illinois, on May 28, 1927, and was a veteran of WWII. He leaves his children Juli (Rob) Wicinski and Jonathan (Jeanne) Main; grandchildren Olivia, Sophia, and Henry Main, Hayden and Colton Wicinski; a sister, Joan Swope and sister-in-law Viola Main; former wife and friend, Helen Main, many nieces, nephews, and friends.
He was a member of the Aspen Elks Club. Memorials to St. John's Lutheran Church, 3833, 8th Avenue, Kenosha, WI, 53140, where he was an active member.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire