October 7, 2015
Born in Grand Rapids MI to American father and French mother. Grew up in Port Washington, LI with father and sister Nadine, spending summers in Paris with mother. Attended American College in Paris then university in Grand Rapids. Left with girlfriend for Aspen where she fell in love with snow-peaked mountains and world-class skiing. Worked as concierge for Aspen hotel. Volunteered for years with Aspen Sister Cities helping with events, student exchanges and creating new sister members in Italy, Australia and Chili. It was said everyone knew Francesca and many Aspenites proudly claimed her a cherished friend. Survived by her adopted brother in New York.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche