October 7, 2015
Born in Grand Rapids MI to American father and French mother. Grew up in Port Washington, LI with father and sister Nadine, spending summers in Paris with mother. Attended American College in Paris then university in Grand Rapids. Left with girlfriend for Aspen where she fell in love with snow-peaked mountains and world-class skiing. Worked as concierge for Aspen hotel. Volunteered for years with Aspen Sister Cities helping with events, student exchanges and creating new sister members in Italy, Australia and Chili. It was said everyone knew Francesca and many Aspenites proudly claimed her a cherished friend. Survived by her adopted brother in New York.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border