Dr. Mike Wadyko
January 6, 2019
Dr. Michael Wadyko of Glenwood Springs, passed away on Christmas Eve, 2018. Mike was born on September 28, 1949 in Naturna Heights, PA to Mitchell and Ann Marie Wadyko.
He studied history at the University of Pittsburgh, obtained his Master's Degree from the University of Toronto, and his Doctorate from West Virginia State University. Mike was an Adjust/Distance Learning professor at Colorado Mountain College, Excelsior College, Norwich University, University of Alaska, and West Virginia University. He was beloved by students and Faculty. His knowledge and understanding of American, European, and Asian history was unparalleled.
Mike was a believing Catholic, a frequent visitor to St. Benedict's Monastery, and a faithful parishioner of St. Stephen's Church. A kind, gentle man, Mike had immense compassion for the down-and-out. He loved and stood unwaveringly by his life partner, Judy Wadyko, through serious health challenges. His was a life of service to his God, his friends, and his fellow man. Mike is survived by his former wife, Judy, and his sister, Valerie Wadyko.
Funeral Mass will be said at 11:00 on January 14, 2019 at St. Stephen's Church in Glenwood Springs. Interment to follow at Rosebud Cemetery
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7