Doyce Von Burkes
September 27, 2017
Doyce was the youngest of six children born to Thomas Burkes and Maude Roberts Burkes in Indian Gap Texas. He served in the
Air Force in England from 1951 to 1954, where he met the love of his life, Gillian Hubbard Burkes. They were married in 1955. Doyce worked construction and owned a lumber company, from there he started working in sales in 1961. Doyce started a coffee company in 1989. He enjoyed fishing, playing tennis, westerns, and watching boxing with his grandsons while eating ice cream. Doyce enjoyed the camaraderie of his close friends, and cherished the relationships established while selling food and coffee in the Aspen area.
Surviving family includes his wife Gillian, Donna Burkes of Rifle,
Susan Burkes Baros and Rocky Baros from Sparks NV, David Burkes and Cathy Hinderlong Burkes of Rifle, eight grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren. Proceeded in death are his five siblings and Daughter, Sandra Burkes Richardson. A Celebration of life will be planned on a future date. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Veterans Hospital 2121 North Ave. Grand Junction, Colorado in Doyce's name.
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items