December 2, 2016
Our friend Deanna Liebl passed away unexpectedly on Saturday November 19, 2016 at her home in Carbondale. Born on November 12, 1954 in Larned, Kansas, Deanna moved to Carbondale in 2002 to launch the Roaring Fork Valley's "Deanna Liebl Signature Wedding Cakes" — a custom wedding cake business she started in Wichita, Kansas. Always an artist, Deanna began her career as an interior designer and thenattended the Culinary Institute of America and Peter Kump's New York Cooking School. Her latest venture found her teaming with her friend Amy Tarrant to start Too Haute Cowgirls, a gourmet popcorn company, where Deanna was in charge of recipe research and development and specialty chocolate was her passion. She is survived by her dear husband, Bob, three sisters, and extended family. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation toyour favorite animal rescue facility.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified