December 2, 2016
Our friend Deanna Liebl passed away unexpectedly on Saturday November 19, 2016 at her home in Carbondale. Born on November 12, 1954 in Larned, Kansas, Deanna moved to Carbondale in 2002 to launch the Roaring Fork Valley's "Deanna Liebl Signature Wedding Cakes" — a custom wedding cake business she started in Wichita, Kansas. Always an artist, Deanna began her career as an interior designer and thenattended the Culinary Institute of America and Peter Kump's New York Cooking School. Her latest venture found her teaming with her friend Amy Tarrant to start Too Haute Cowgirls, a gourmet popcorn company, where Deanna was in charge of recipe research and development and specialty chocolate was her passion. She is survived by her dear husband, Bob, three sisters, and extended family. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation toyour favorite animal rescue facility.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River