December 14, 2016
Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Dave Edwards, an 8-year valley resident, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Dec. 6, eight days before his 77th birthday in Laguna Park, Texas.
He cherished every day as if it were his last, and lived life to the fullest. A renaissance man with many talents, including painting, carving, sculpting, cooking and hoisting Budweisers. His time in the Roaring Fork Valley might have been his favorite time of his life.
His loyal labrador Poncho would be by his side whether he was on his mountain bike exploring all the trails around the valley, or on his cross-country skis cruising around Spring Gulch. He had endless local friends and fans from his football days. He was a devoted father and incredible friend to many. He will be sorely missed by all who got to truly know him and call him friend.
Big Dave was a legend, and his hilarious stories and heart of pure gold will be missed most of all.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos